Apply for a Wish
Wish Recipient Requirements
All of the following requirements must be met before a wish will be considered:
- Must be a resident of Western New York
- Must be 65 years of age or older
- U.S. Citizen
- Annual income must be less than $38,000 for a household of one or $44,000 for a household of two OR a permanent resident of a care facility
- Must be cognitively, emotionally and physically capable of communicating and experiencing the wish. (You do NOT need a medical diagnosis to apply for a wish)
- Unable to fulfill the wish on your own or with family assistance
Proof of age, physical condition per a physician’s letter and/or citizenship must be provided if requested at a later date. You may also attach this information to the application.
Wish applications are reviewed upon receipt to determine eligibility. A “Wishes Committee” meets every other month to review completed wish applications. If a wish is approved, the recipient is notified and the process of granting the wish begins. Senior Wishes grants qualifying wishes as funding and resources become available. We regret that not every qualified wish can be granted and Senior Wishes has sole discretion in the decision to grant or deny a specific wish from an applicant. All applicants will receive a response, usually within 1 week of the wish granting meeting.
Types of Wishes Granted
We strive to grant wishes that will make a significant impact on a senior’s quality of life and bring them great joy. Wishes might be to reconnect with a loved one, visit a hometown, visit a favorite place, participate in an activity a person used to do, celebrate a passion, etc. Wishes may also fulfill a lifelong dream such as ride in a hot air balloon, go to a ballgame, learn a new skill, etc. Wishes must have significant meaning to the senior.
Restrictions On Wishes
The following requests will not be considered:
- Vacations or travel outside of the continental United States
- Household Furniture
- Housing reconstruction, repair and maintenance
- Bill payments or requests for cash
- Medical items – including surgery, prescriptions, hearing aids, dentures
- Physical assets such as houses, vehicles, etc.
- Legal or Employment Services
- Local transportation requests
UCHS Inc. is the proud founder of Senior Wishes